Reading Room - General Regulations
1. The normal opening hours of the Reading Room are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 10.00am - 1.00pm / 2.15pm - 5.00pm
Access is by appointment. Please note that CCTV cameras are in operation.
2. Coats, bags and umbrellas must be deposited in the lockers provided in the main reception area.
3. All readers are required to complete a registration form, and to produce a valid form of photo ID.
4. Eating and drinking are not permitted in the Reading Room. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
5. The use of cameras, personal scanners and mobile phones is not permitted. Personal computers and dictation machines may be used, provided that they do not disturb other readers.
6. Readers using the photocopier are required to comply with the Copyright and Related Rights Act 2000. Further information is available from the Reading Room staff.
Additional Regulations - Manuscript
7. In order to consult manuscripts, readers must apply to the relevant curator at least one month in advance. Under no circumstances is it possible to consult manuscripts without an appointment. Upon application, readers must list the material they wish to examine, their area of research, affiliated institution, and their reason for requesting to see original material.
8. Manuscripts and early printed books are removed from the Reading Room at 4.30 pm.
9. In the case of any dispute concerning the implementation of these regulations, the final decision rests with the Director and Board of Trustees of The Chester Beatty Library.